Cowboys and Demons

Romance Writer and Domestic Goddess with Delusions of Grandeur.

Six Sentence Sunday 5-28-11


Hello my lovely people! It's so good to be back enjoying Six Sentence Sunday. I had to take a few weeks off for fun family stuff. I'm really digging the wide variety of story snippets we having going and I can't wait to see what you have to offer! 
Today's snippet comes from my debut paranormal romance, 'Blessed', which just happens to be half off at All Romance eBooks. ;) Our leading lady, Eliana, is going to our hero Aiden's house for the first time. They both have wicked crushes on each other, but can't act on it for a variety of reasons. Ahhh the forbidden fruit. ;)

Aiden is wearing a suit...but this is how she pictures him in her mind




Eliana gave him a sassy grin and put a hand on her cocked hip. "What, no butler?"

He laughed and held the door open for her. "No, I don't have a butler. I do have a housekeeper, a gardener, and a cook, but that's because I'm too lazy to wash all these windows."

She glanced around with wide eyes, and he felt strangely proud to show her his house. He found he wanted her to know him better, to be comfortable around him, and to share himself with her. Basically, he wanted to impress the girl he was falling in love with. He cursed himself for his foolishness and tried to sternly remind himself that she was off limits.

24 comments:

Oh, the forbidden fruit. :D Great six!

 

Off limits my butt- oh whatever shall happen next? lol
Dawne P

 

I love that he wanted to get closer to her, share himself with her before it becomes bedtime. Hope they work out how to get together. I have a feeling they will! Great six, Ann.

 

Aaawww boo! She can't be off limits, that's just cruel!
Awesome six

 

Oh, love the offlimits kind of hankering. Great six!

 

somehow I don't think he'll abide by his own rule :-)

 

Intrigued. Looking forward to more.

 

Ohh tension, I like it!

 

Nice six! Off limits is always sexy! :)

 

Off limits? Somehow I don't think that will stop him. ;) Great six!

 

Oh yeah, he's got it bad, off limits or not. And the pics are fabulous!

 

Love the inner conflict - wanting to her impress her even though she is off limits.

 

Oh, nice! I like him already.

 

Off limits is the best kind

 

Forbidden fruit is the sweetest.

 

I just love her sassiness, the first line had me in stitches hehe LOVE IT!

 

Sweet guy. And comes with servants? Nice. Send me one.

~Taryn Kincaid
http://dreamvoyagers.blogspot.com

 

So, how soon before they jump each others bones.

 

Off limits always make the connection more satisfying later on. Well done. I enjoyed the six.

Best,
Allure Van Sanz

 

Oh, really sweet six! But why is she off-limits, I wonder.

 

I don't think the 'off-limits' thing is going to stick for long.

 

Lots of conflict intermixed with sexual desire! AWESOME!!

 

Post a Comment