Cowboys and Demons

Romance Writer and Domestic Goddess with Delusions of Grandeur.

My First Sale!!!!

I sold my first book!

Can't go into details, yet, but on Friday evening I was stalking my emails, as usual. I've been having a great discussion with Publisher X and greatly enjoyed their candor and willingness to answer questions. For a beginning author, it is fabulous to find a group of people who don't leave you in limbo and actually communicate with you. This courtesy extended to actually letting me see a portion of the acquisition editors request that she sent in to see the full of my 'The Book.' Below is the first line blurb that made my day/week/year. :)

'The Book' is good. It's always a breath of fresh air when you get an author who seems to know what she's doing. 

After getting polite rejections, great but it's not for us rejections, close but no cigar rejections, this was amazing. :) That snippet alone would have kept me going for another two years.

Back to 'the call' or in my case 'the email.' I saw a response from Publisher X and thought it was just another nice update. It was, in terms of the publishing world, only two weeks after I sent my full in. Usually, that means they read it and quickly decided it wasn't for them. Sighing, I opened my email and choked. Then giggled like a school girl. Then clapped. Then interrupted my children playing with puzzles by doing a weird free style happy dance-note to self, attempting to break dance after five years of not dancing is bad-. Instead of the word I instantly scan for, unfortunately, it was a thumbs up!


I leave you now, after 4 hours of sleep, to go stare at the acceptance letter some more. No matter what, DO NOT GIVE UP! If you don't try, you have a 100% chance of failure. Yeah, rejections suck, but you learn from it and MOVE ON. Keep writing, keep working at it, and most of all keep believing in yourself.

3 comments:

CONGRATULATIONS! can't wait til you're able to give us details!

 

Thank you Penny! I'm beyond excited to share my story with the world. It'll be nice to see it go from six sentence sunday to an actual book. :D

 

Congrats! It's great when all the hard work we've put into creating a manuscript is appreciated!

 

Post a Comment